Sunday, February 12, 2017

KINDLE DIRECT PUBLISHING BLOCKED BLAZIN' HEARTS


Two of the stories included in "Blazin' Hearts' were published in other anthologies.  Blaze retains the rights to them.  They are NOT public domain.  They are his stories.  One is in a Visionary Press Collaborative book that is no longer available.  They will not allow Blaze to remove the book from his author page, because the print book still possibly might be sold. 

Irrelevant, because the story is still Blaze McRob's! 

Kindle Direct Publishing is overstepping their bounds.  Depending on individual contracts between the authors and publishers, rights for stories in anthologies are retained by the authors of the stories. 

Visionary Press Collaborative is defunct, the books in question are no longer available, and even if they were, Blaze retains the rights to his stories. 

Yet Kindle Direct Publishing has blocked the book and threatened to terminate my account, because I publish the books for Blazing Owl Press.  Several of Blaze's books have been published in this manner. 

KDP may not have to.  I may very well move every single book of mine to Smashwords or Draft2Digital. 

I have spent all morning using my writing time to try and contact KDP.  The only way you can do that is via their site messaging or via email (by replying to their threatening email). 

This is unacceptable. 

AUTHORS BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN PUBLISHING VIA KINDLE DIRECT PUBLISHING.  THEY ARE NOT ON YOUR SIDE. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Terri! I'm not bowing down to Amazon. I own the rights to my books. There are more places to publish them if I have to. Yes, it will take time, but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete